The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (LACDMH) is committed to supporting the wellbeing of seriously mentally ill individuals by focusing on service and care instead of criminalization and incarceration. LACDMH’s Public Safety Services prioritize alternatives to law enforcement involvement through equitable and culturally sensitive intervention methods.
For mental health support, referral and crisis services, please call our 24/7 Help Line at (800) 854-7771.
Therapeutic Transportation Program
Emergency Outreach and Triage Division (EOTD)
- Emergency Outreach and Triage Division
- School Threat Assessment and Response Team (START)
- Psychiatric Mobile Response Teams (PMRT)
- Law Enforcement Teams
- Mental Health Alert Team (MHAT)
- Psychiatric Emergency Teams (PET)
Homeless Related Services