Due to the large size of L.A. County (4,300 square miles), LACDMH’s services has been organized into eight (8) geographic Service Areas. These distinct regions allow our department to plan, develop, and provide mental health services that are better suited to meet the specific needs of the residents in these different areas.
The eight Service Areas are as follows:
- Service Area 1 (Antelope Valley)
- Service Area 2 (San Fernando & Santa Clarita Valleys)
- Service Area 3 (San Gabriel Valley)
- Service Area 4 (Metro LA)
- Service Area 5 (West LA)
- Service Area 6 (South LA)
- Service Area 7 (East LA)
- Service Area 8 (South Bay)
(Note: You may enter your street address in this District Locator to find out which service area you are a part of.)
We invite you to explore the services/resources in your Service Area, and get involved with our program planning & implementation process through our Service Area Leadership Teams (SALTs).