For 24/7 Help, please call our ACCESS line at (800) 854-7771
The ACCESS line serves as the primary entry point for mental health services with the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health. Services provided by ACCESS line staff include:
- Mental health screening and assessment
- Referral to a service provider
- Crisis counseling
- Mobilizing field response teams
- Linkages to other resources
Additional help lines and resources:
- Crisis Text Line: Text LA to 741741
Connect with a trained crisis counselor to receive free crisis support via text message.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline connects you with a crisis center closest to your location. Your call will be answered confidentially by a trained crisis worker who will listen empathetically, work to ensure that you feel safe, and help identify options and information about mental health services in your area.
- Disaster Distress Helpline: (800) 985-5990
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Disaster Distress Helpline provides crisis counseling and support to people experiencing emotional distress related to natural or human-caused disasters.
- Trevor Project Lifeline: (800) 788-7386
The TrevorLifeline provides support to LGBTQ youths and allies in crisis or in need of a safe and judgment-free place to talk.
- Substance Abuse Service Helpline: (844) 804-7500
Operated by the LA County’s Department of Public Health, this hotline provides screening, resources and service referrals regarding substance use disorders.
- 211 LA County: Dial 2-1-1 within Los Angeles County
211 LA County is the hub for all types of health, human and social services in Los Angeles County, providing callers with information and referrals to the services that best meet their needs.
- Los Angeles Homeless Outreach Portal (LA-HOP)
LA-HOP is designed to assist people experiencing homelessness by dispatching homeless outreach teams through Los Angeles County.
- L.A. Found: (833) 569-7651 or LAFound@wdacs.lacounty.gov
L.A. Found is a countywide initiative to help locate individuals who wander due to dementia, Alzheimer’s, autism or other cognitive impairing conditions.