The holidays are typically a time for celebrations, get-togethers and merriment, but it can also take a toll on mental health with seasonal obligations, additional stressors and worries about loved ones’ health, especially as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our collective wellbeing. We encourage you to prioritize your physical and mental health during this time by minimizing holiday-related stress, connecting with your loved ones, and continuing to observe public health measures to stop the spread of COVID-19.
We have compiled a list of holiday-related mental health and planning resources below for you to view and share. Additional COVID-related mental health resources are also available here.
Our Peer Resource Center will be holding online support groups on Christmas Day (12/25) and New Year’s Day (1/1) for those seeking connection and support over the holidays. View this flyer for more information and to participate.
If you need additional mental health support and resources, do not hesitate to call our 24/7 Help Line at (800) 854-7771.
- Stress, depression and the holidays: Tips for Coping (Mayo Clinic)
- Tips & Resources for a Safe & Connected Holiday Season (Each Mind Matters)
- Maintaining Mental Health During The Holiday Season (NAMI California)
- Preparing For The Holidays During COVID-19 (Mental Health America)
- Coping with COVID-19 Tension During the Holidays Video (Cleveland Clinic)
- How To Cope with Extra Stress During the 2020 Holiday Season (USA Today)
- ‘Throw Out the Rulebook’ to Get Through Pandemic Holidays, A Therapist Says (NPR)
- This Holiday Season, Focus on Combating Loneliness and Building Resilience (Forbes)
Holiday Planning Resources:
- Guidance for Celebrating Holidays (LA County Department of Public Health)
- Holidays and COVID (State of California)
- COVID-19: Holiday Celebrations and Small Gatherings (CDC)
- COVID-19 and Holidays: Tips for Gathering Safely (Mayo Clinic)
- Should You Cancel Your Holiday Gatherings This Year Because of COVID? (Cleveland Clinic)
- Holiday Planning During COVID-19 (Magellan Healthcare)
- You Can Survive Winter and Not Spread COVID-19 (Vox)