The holidays are typically a time for celebrations, get-togethers and merriment, but it can also take a toll on mental health with seasonal obligations, additional stressors and worries about loved ones’ health, especially as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our collective wellbeing. We encourage you to prioritize your physical and mental health during this time by minimizing holiday-related stress, connecting with your loved ones and continuing to observe public health guidance to stop the spread of COVID-19.
We have compiled a list of holiday-related mental health and planning resources below for you to view and share. Additional COVID-related mental health resources are also available here.
If you need additional mental health support and resources, do not hesitate to call our 24/7 Help Line at (800) 854-7771.
- Mental health and the holidays: Holiday stress (Mayo Clinic)
- Preparing For The Holidays During COVID-19 (Mental Health America)
- Five Ways to Take Care of Your Mental Health This Holiday Season (Mental Health First Aid)
- How to Cope With Holiday Stress and Depression (Cleveland Clinic)
- Holiday Prep: Creating Memories Without the Emotional Toll (Psychology Today)
- Turn your holiday stress into a teachable moment. Here’s how. (CNN)
- ‘Throw Out the Rulebook’ to Get Through Pandemic Holidays, A Therapist Says (NPR)
- 6 Tips to Cope With COVID-Related Anxiety This Fall and Winter (NPR)
- This Holiday Season, Focus on Combating Loneliness and Building Resilience (Forbes)
Holiday Planning Resources:
- Guidance for Holiday Safety (L.A. County Department of Public Health)
- Celebrating the holidays safely during COVID-19 (L.A. City)
- Holidays and COVID (State of California)
- COVID-19: Safer Ways to Celebrate the Holidays (CDC)
- COVID-19 and Holidays: Tips for Gathering Safely (Mayo Clinic)
- Holiday planning during the pandemic (Kaiser Permanente)
- How to get holiday ready while minding pandemic risks (NPR)