In addition to direct services, LACDMH and our partners play a critical role in connecting veterans and their families with services and support. Los Angeles County is home to the highest concentration of military veterans in the country.
It is a priority of the Department to advocate for veterans across the region, wherever that advocacy is needed.
About the Veteran Peer Access Network (VPAN)
The first-ever community-driven support network serving veterans and their families in the U.S., The Veteran Peer Access Network (VPAN) connects County departments, non-profits, the VA and L.A. City Programs.
Led by veterans for veterans, VPAN helps you navigate often complicated systems so that you receive the services you deserve. VPAN prioritizes hiring veterans as “battle buddies” and systems navigators to connect their brothers and sisters in need with resources that will help.”
The network embodies the #YouMatter ideal – that veterans deserve hope, well-being and a greater quality of life as valued members of the L.A. County community.
Resources available include:
- Mental Health – Treatment for trauma from combat exposure, military sexual trauma, relationship and intimacy issues
- Substance Misuse Support – Treatment for substance use disorders, including misuse of alcohol, prescription medication and other drugs
- Housing – Temporary and permanent housing for veterans and their families, help locating housing
- Workforce Development and Employment – Help with developing interview skills, resume creation, job coaching, plus volunteer and job opportunities
- Healthcare – Enrollment into VA healthcare, transportation to appointments, ensuring access to prescription medications
- Education – Support with school enrollment, vocational training, tuition assistance
- Miscellaneous – Food, childcare, transportation, financial assistance and more
- Legal Services – Help with eviction prevention, discharge upgrade, applying for VA benefits, etc.
- Social Connection/Recreation – Opportunities to connect with other veterans in a variety of settings
To connect with VPAN, please call our Veteran Support Line at (800) 854-7771, *3 (9 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week), visit one of our Rally Points throughout L.A. County or email us at email@example.com