Service Area 2 and LACDMH, invite you to join them every second Thursday of the month from 9:30-11:30 am for the Service Area Leader-ship Team Meeting 2 (SALT 2). Hosted by co-chairs Letica Muniz, Barbara Wilson, Ismael Maldonaldo, and facilitated by Mariam Nahapetyan and Genesis Samuell, SALT 2 is intended to bring together Service Area 2 community members and local providers in effort to nourish the following key points.
How You Can Help
SALT members reflect the rich diversity of the community. They are from all age groups, ethnic backgrounds, neighborhoods, and communities. Members of SALT may be individuals diagnosed with a mental illness or dealing with both mental illness and substance abuse. Whether you are a consumer, family member, community representative or representative of a local government agency; everyone is encouraged to join.
Who Can Join?
Consumers, family members of consumers, community organizations, mental health service providers, interested community members and representatives of local governments.
Become An Advocate for Mental Health in Your Community
- Provide feedback to DMH on the quality of its programs and services
- Participate in DMH planning efforts
- Educate the community on mental health issues
- Erase the stigma associated with mental health
- Provide feedback and help determine the community’s mental health needs
- Share your unique perspective on mental health issues
- Attend monthly meetings and learn about mental health issues
- Meet other stakeholders of mental health advocating in your community
- Work to address special needs that encourage the development of meaningful, responsive services
- Advocate with other interested community members and representatives of local governments
Meeting Schedule: Every second Thursday of the month
Time: 9:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Location: Virtual via Microsoft Teams
Find all our meetings in our Event Calendar
SALT 2 General Email: SALT2@dmh.lacounty.gov
Please email to join the SALT2 email distribution list.
Co-Chair: Letica Muniz
Co-Chair: Barbara Wilson
Co-Chair: Ismael Maldonado (he/him)
SALT 2 Liaisons:
Additional information is also available in the SALT 2 Brochure.