TBS is an intensive, individualized, one-to-one behavioral mental health service available to children/youth with serious emotional challenges and their families, who are under 21 years old and have full-scope Medi-Cal.
The following lists the eligibility criteria for TBS services:
- Child/Youth is placed in a group home facility of RCL 12 or above or in a locked treatment facility for the treatment of mental health needs; or
- Child/Youth is being considered by the county for placement in a facility described above; or
- Child/Youth has undergone at least one emergency psychiatric hospitalization related to his/her current presenting mental health diagnosis within the preceding 24 months; or
- Child/Youth has previously received TBS while a member of the certified class; or
- Child/youth is at risk of psychiatric hospitalization.
For more information, contact Scott Tommey Ph.D., email@example.com or at (213) 739-2396.