For the purposes of planning and operation, Los Angeles County is divided into eight Services Areas. Each Service Area has a Service Area Advisory Committee (SAAC). Each SAAC functions as a local forum of consumers, families, service providers and community representatives to provide the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (DMH) with information, advice and recommendations regarding:
- The functioning of local service systems
- The mental health service needs of their geographic area
- The most effective/efficient use of available resources
- The maintenance of two-way communication between the DMH and various groups and geographic communities
For more information on each SAAC, select a link below:
- Service Area 1 (Antelope Valley)
- Service Area 2 (San Fernando Valley)
- Service Area 3 (San Gabriel Valley)
- Service Area 4 (Metro LA)
- Service Area 5 (West LA)
- Service Area 6 (South LA)
- Service Area 7 (East LA)
- Service Area 8 (South Bay)
For details about upcoming SAAC meetings, visit our online events calendar.
For questions or comments regarding this manual, please contact the SAAC Administrative team at email@example.com.