The Asian Pacific Islander (API) UsCC subcommittee was established under the Mental Health Services Act for the purpose of increasing mental health access and to produce stakeholder priorities which will advise DMH’s action planning toward development and improvement of its services and partnerships to better engage underserved and marginalized cultural and ethnic communities in Los Angeles County.
The API UsCC subcommittee provides DMH with community-driven and culturally specific capacity building project recommendations and/or project concepts for implementation to increase mental health access, awareness, promotion, and decrease stigma with the ultimate goal to reduce cultural and ethnic disparities in access to care and service delivery.
Meeting Scheduled: Every fourth Monday of the Month
Time: 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Location: Virtual via Microsoft Teams
Click here for more meeting information
- FY 18-19 Projects
- FY 17-18 Projects
- API Go Beyond Stigma Final Summary
- Chinese Mental Health Radio Campaign Final Summary
Chines Radio PSA (Cantonese) (Mandarin)
- Chinese Mental Health TV Campaign Final Summary
Chines Mandarin TV PSA
- Filipino Mental Health TV Campaign Final Summary
Filipino TV PSA (15 seconds) (30 seconds)
Filipino TV Segment
- Japanese Mental health TV Campaign Final Summary
Japanese TV PSA
- Cambodian Mental Health TV Campaign Final Summary
Cambodian TV PSA (70 seconds) (90 seconds)
Cambodian Radio PSA
- Korean Mental Health Radio Campaign Final Summary
Korean Radio PSA (15 seconds) (30 seconds) (45 seconds)
- South Asian Mental Health TV Campaign Final Summary
South Asian TV Family PSA (Hindi) (English) (Youth)
South Asian TV PSA (Hindi) (English)
- Vietnamese PSA
- Past projects
- Meeting Minutes
- Liaison: Luis Guzman, Psy.D.
- (213) 251-6806