Mental Health Commission Resources
- California Association of Local Behavioral Health Boards & Commissions
- One Degree Los Angeles Flyer
- Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act (MHPAEA)
- Campus Mental Health – Know Your Rights – a guide for students who want to seek help for mental illness or emotional distress
- Official California Legislative Information
California State Association of Counties: The primary purpose of CSAC is to represent county government before the California Legislature, administrative agencies and the federal government. CSAC places a strong emphasis on educating the public about the value and need for county programs and services.
Little Hoover Commission: Dedicated to promoting economy an efficiency in California state government.
NAMI is a nonprofit, grassroots, self-help, support and advocacy organization of consumers, families, and friends of people with severe mental illnesses, such as schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, bipolar disorder, major depressive disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic and other severe anxiety disorders, autism and pervasive developmental disorders, attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and other severe and persistent mental illnesses that affect the brain.
Mental Health Recovery by Mary Ellen Copeland.
National Mental Health Association of Greater Los Angeles has a new web site that provides a comprehensive set of services and information to mental health providers, consumers, and families. Web site address is http://losangeles.networkofcare.org