The Department of Mental Health (DMH) funded Interim Housing Program (IHP) is intended to provide temporary shelter services for adults with mental illness and their minor children who are homeless and who do not have adequate income (including financial benefits such as CalWORKS and SSI) to pay for temporary housing. The IHP provides safe and clean shelter, 24-hour general oversight, three meals each day, linens, clothing, toiletries and case management services. The goal of the program is to assist clients with transitioning to permanent housing. Information on how to make referrals to the IHP is included in the IHP Guidelines and Procedures below.
- IHP Mental Health Provider Reference Information (rev 07/23/2021)
- IHP Referral Guidelines (rev 07/20/2023)
- IHP Referral Form (rev 07/18/2023)
- IHP Provider Information (rev 04/01/2021)
- IHP Authorization to Disclose PHI