Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Issue Resolution Process
The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health is committed to resolving issues related to the implementation and ongoing operations of its programs. The resolution of issues associated with MHSA-funded programs is part of the department’s overall issue resolution process.
We strive to address and resolve issues as quickly as possible, with an emphasis on increasing service quality. If an MHSA planning, implementation, or operations issue cannot be resolved by the MHSA Issue Resolution & Oversight Division, it will be reviewed by the Department’s appointed Community Leadership Team (CLT).
To file a MHSA program issue click on the link: MHSA Issue Resolution Form
To file a MHSA program issue in-person: 510 South Vermont Avenue, 1st Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90020
Types of MHSA issues that may be resolved through this process:
- Concerns about access or quality of MHSA programs and services
- Inconsistencies between the approved MHSA Plan and implementation
- County MHSA Planning Process
What to Expect When Filing an Issue
- The MHSA Administration & Oversight Division will investigate the issue and try to resolve it.
- If the issue is resolved, the Issue Filer will receive a notification of resolution in writing.
- If the issue cannot be resolved by the MHSA Administration & Oversight Division, the issue will be referred to the CLT for further review.
- If the issue was resolved by the CLT, the Issue Filer will receive a notification of resolution in writing.
- If the CLT did not resolve the issue, the Issue Filer will receive a notification of resolution in writing and he/she may appeal to the State.
For more information, contact Darlesh Horn, DPP, Division Chief, at email@example.com or at (213) 943-8475.
*For clients receiving mental health services including Medi-Cal Beneficiaries:
Patients’ Rights Office – Department of Mental Health (lacounty.gov)
Office Number: (213) 738-4888