Mental Health Services Act (MHSA) Issue Resolution Process
The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health is committed to resolving issues related to the implementation and ongoing operations of its programs. The resolution of issues associated with MHSA-funded programs is part of the Department’s overall issue resolution process. Issues may be raised through any of the existing offices, including:
For MHSA Program Issues Specifically:
- MHSA Implementation and Outcomes Division
In-Person: 550 South Vermont Avenue, 3rd Floor, Los Angeles, CA 90020
Telephone: (213) 738-2756
Fax: (213) 351-2762
For clients receiving mental health services including Medi-Cal Beneficiaries: Patients’ Rights Office
We strive to address and resolve issues as quickly as possible, with an emphasis on increasing service quality. If a MHSA planning, implementation, or operations issue cannot be resolved by the Program Development and Outcomes Bureau, it will be reviewed by the Department’s appointed Systems Leadership Team (SLT).
Types of MHSA issues that may be resolved through this process:
- Concerns about access or quality of MHSA programs and services
- Inconsistencies between the approved MHSA Plan and implementation
- County MHSA Planning Process
What to Expect When Filing an Issue
- The Program Development and Outcomes Bureau will investigate the issue and try to resolve it within the bureau.
- If the issue is resolved, the Issue Filer will receive a notification of resolution in writing.
- If the issue cannot be resolved by the Program Development and Outcomes Bureau, the issue will be referred to the SLT for further review.
- If the issue was resolved by the SLT, the Issue Filer will receive a notification of resolution in writing.
- If the SLT did not resolve the issue, the Issue Filer will receive a notification of resolution in writing and he/she may appeal to the State.
Please click on the links below to download the following documents: