Per DMH´s Mission Statement, the Department responds to the community´s disaster service needs according to the following order of priority:
- Care for emergency needs of employees, visitors and clients housed within each DMH facility, with emphasis on evacuation of the building
- Provide emergency psychiatric intervention to persons in crisis who are dangerous to themselves or others.
- Participate in legally mandated proceedings which must meet specified immediate statutory deadlines, such as judicial and administrative hearings, unless suspended by the court.
- Provide clinical services to mental health consumers who are disaster victims
- Provide crisis intervention services to persons not considered dangerous to themselves or others.
- Provide and coordinate mental health services for general disaster victims
- Provide routine. Ongoing mental health services to current, pre-disaster consumers.