The Los Angeles Homeless Services Authority (LAHSA), which coordinates housing and supportive services for individuals experiencing homelessness, will be conducting its 2022 Greater Los Angeles Homeless Count from February 22 to 24, 2022. LAHSA is currently seeking volunteers to help with this year’s count throughout Los Angeles County.
“The Homeless Count is an essential tool in giving us a point-in-time snapshot of homelessness. Data from the Count is used to inform the delivery of services and programs for people experiencing homelessness in Los Angeles,” said LAHSA Executive Director Heidi Marston.
To protect the health and safety of volunteers, unhoused individuals, and staff during the count, LAHSA has implemented the following changes to reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure and transmission, including:
- Moving most deployment sites will be outdoors— at many sites, volunteers will not leave their cars to pick up their count packets
- Moving training sessions online to minimize the time volunteers spend at the deployment sites
- Including COVID safety instructions as part of the mandatory training
- Requiring all volunteers to wear masks, and making personal protective equipment accessible to all participants
- Encouraging all volunteers to be vaccinated
For more information on the 2022 Homeless Count and to sign up, visit https://theycountwillyou.org.