ST PATRICK DAY FAVORITES – GREEN VELVET CUPCAKES
By Kimberli Washington, Public Information Office
- 1 small bottle green food coloring
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tub cream cheese icing
- Cupcake liners
- Sprinkles (optional garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners, enough for a dozen.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl, mix butter and sugar until creamy texture. Add in one egg at a time. Make sure each egg is mixed in before adding in the next one. Include vanilla extract and a few drops of green food coloring (add in a few extract drops for desired shade, if needed).
- Lastly, add in flour mixture and buttermilk. Mix all ingredients together on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Use an ice cream scooper to place batter into cupcake cups. Bake for about 20 minutes. To ensure cupcakes are done, place a toothpick into the center of each one. If toothpick comes out clean, cupcakes are done.
- Let cool completely before icing. Garnish with sprinkles (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!!!
Disclaimer: It is the reader's responsibility to check the instructions provided, and to determine nutritional value and any possible medical condition that may arise from the consumption of the ingredients listed.