SPRINGTIME FAVORITES – FRESH BROCCOLI SALAD
By Kimberli Washington, Public Information Office
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, rinsed, trimmed and sliced
- 6 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 ounces chopped pecans (substitute with nuts of choice)
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vinaigrette (try lemon flavor)
- Toss broccoli in vinaigrette, coating it completely. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Stir in tomatoes, nuts and basil. Use salt and pepper to taste as needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 15 minutes before serving.
Disclaimer: It is the reader's responsibility to check the instructions provided, and to determine nutritional value and any possible medical condition that may arise from the consumption of the ingredients listed.