Health Care Reform
On March 23, 2010, President Barack Obama signed into law the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), also known as Health Care Reform.
Some primary goals of the law are to:
- Expand health care coverage
- Enhance access to health care, including mental health and substance abuse services
- Reduce and control health care costs through new mandates, subsidies and insurance exchanges
The Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health (DMH) is dedicated to ensuring that all Los Angeles County residents understand what this law means and your ability to access quality mental health care.
Please click the following links for more information on:
DMH Employees and Contractors
Health care reform and you
Click here for information on how health care reform impacts the services you provide and the clients you serve, including:
- Medi-Cal managed care plans
- New non-specialty mental health services offered by health plans
Service Request Tracking System (SRTS)
Link for DMH staff
Link for Contract staff (RSA token required)
Managed Care Plan Providers
Click here for information on obtaining DMH services for beneficiaries.